Monday, November 13, 2006

Mileage Increase

I've yet to do a full week of Hal Higdon's training schedule. For a variety of reasons I keep modifying it or dropping workouts entirely. I'm into Week 4 & the mileage begins to ramp up.
Two 3-milers, two 6-milers (one at pace) & one 11-mile long run. Total=29 miles.

Because it was raining last night, I opted to workout inside instead of running. I rowed for an hour, a decent workout but, I was supposed to run 6 miles. If I throw that 6 miles into the 29 that would be of total of 35 miles for this week. I just looked at my logbook, I haven't run further than 25 miles per week since I started again in April.

I need to do the mileage if I want to run Hyannis in February.

I need to know if my body can handle the mileage. The workload will continue to increase in the following weeks.

The forecast calls for rain for the next four days.

Looks like it's going to be an interesting week.

No comments: