It's hot. An African hot. Humid too. I'm at work on Father's Day. My umarried, childless assistant has the weekend off. Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Tiny on LTR ran 2:45 in similar weather. Chiaren is running in 90+ heat in 90+ humidity. Wow. Hot weather should be respected but, don't let it scare you out of working out.
Actually, if I was off today I would just be up on the extension ladder painting. Big surprise. Last year I spend the Father's Day spreading about 80 bags of cedar mulch. My neighbors even yelled at me. No rest for the wicked. Don't worry though, I'll be up on the ladder this afternoon.
Although, in the interest of full disclosure DD & DW kicked butt priming the parts of the latest section they could reach yesterday. They are wee people & poop out before I do but, if they put in a half day that saves me a ton of time.
I'm going to stop by a store on my way home & pick up some running accessories. I keep hearing about Gu & Bodyglide. The former is a fuel/food to use during workouts. The latter is the new & improved vaseline, must prevent crotch rot & nipple chafing in this hot weather. I'm Rip Van Winkle, I'm still acclimating myself to some of the new things that have happened to ruuning since 1983.
I'm hoping to put in a respectable amount of time on the house this afternoon & then go for another long run. My 11 miler was only on Tuesday & logic says I should maybe wait a little longer before the next long one but...I'm closing in on a decision about where I'm going with my running this Fall. I'll probably wait 'til after sundown so the weather has a chance to cool off. If I can pull off what I'm planning it's going to be a pretty cool Father's Day gift to myself.
I'm Pete.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment