Wednesday, January 03, 2007

2007 Resolutions

Okay, it's hokey but, here it goes.

#1 Make goal.
Weight Watchers says I should be 162. I lost 30 lbs last year I can do it again. Back in July I got out of the habit of journaling my food. The coincidence that was the last month I posted a significant a loss ain't lost on me.

#2 Become a better runner.
Mostly I want to speed up but, I also want to increase the distance I can safely run.
I still need to stretch & strength train. Maybe this will be the year I do it...

#3 Do More Races.
I'm more attracted to the longer events, I like their epic feel but, maybe I should give a 5K a try.
Any race giving out shirts within a 45 minute drive will be given all due consideration.
I'm really interested in trail running. Groton Town Forest was a gas last year.
I want to marathon again but, no earlier than the Spring & only if my right hip says it's okay. I will also sleep on the decision when it comes time to make it (curse all online registration).

#4 Get Alka & Priyanka to try one race.

#5 Upgrade my tech knowledge. This year I will get pictures on this Blog. I will link it to my Runningahead training log too. I've already made progress. On Runningahead on my profile there is a picture of Alka, Priyanka, & I on our summer vacation. I've also put a little avatar next to my posts. Okay, so Priyanka helped me with the picture but, I did the avatar on my own. Baby steps.

#6 Oh yeah, and floss more. That one's Alka's resolution but, it's always a good idea.

No comments: