I've been doing Weight Watchers since the beginning of March. I've had pretty good success. I started at 218 & ,barring a major setback, should be able to make my target 10% weight loss in the preliminary 10 week period. Three of my coworkers (all female)attend the meetings too. Although I've only seen one of them at the meetings since I've started. Usually I go by myself, sit at the back,& don't say much. I won't say the weight loss has been easy but,it has been simple.
I do the Flex Plan and have been pretty accurate with my journaling. I've determined what food & what behaviours I need to avoid in order to maintain a regular weight loss. I have had difficulty controlling myself with nuts & cheese (a can of nuts or a wedge of Jarlsburg don't last long) so I don't, for the moment buy those at the store. I was treating myself to a shot or two (usually two)of tequila after my workouts because mathematically I'd earn them with my Activity Points. However, being drunk in the basement next to bags of potato chips led to some unfortunate binging. Those weeks I only lost 1.2 or 1.8 were a result of that unfortunate behavior. I also was becoming concerned what I was doing to myself regularly drinking tequila. It's okay to workout 6-7 days a week but, not okay to get drunk 6-7 days a week. I feel an ultimate weight loss to my ideal WW's weight (162)is achievable. I believe with work & determination I can reach this goal by the middle of the summer.
I benefit from the weekly meetings principally because of the pressure of the weekly WI. The meetings themselves are okay. The most useful information was handed out in the first few weeks (the points trackers). The meetings since then have been mostly pep rally type meetings but, I guess that's okay. I feel like I'm back in high school, I sit towards the back of the room & don't say much. Some of the woman are really big:200-300 lbs,at 2 lbs a week,that's a long way to go. I hope they all make it. Some of the woman look like mothers trying to get their baby fat off. Some don't look like they don't need to lose any weight. I aspire to be in their shoes. What I really want to do is to achieve the Lifetime member goal.
I think having a weight problem is a little like being an alcoholic, you're never "cured". It's a day to day thing. You might acheive your weight loss but, you'll always have to be vigilant about your eating habits to maintain a healthy weight. I can do it.
I'm Pete.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment