Hey. I posted a gain last night. 1.4 lbs. I'm a little surprised but, it could be another water,plateau, maybe-I-shouldn't-have-had-that-tequila-&-half-a-bag-of- tortilla-chips-last-night kind of thing. What do you think? I don't care. I'll get it back next week.
I'm in a good mood. I went for a 7.5 run last night. It felt good. I had mapped out a 13+ but, it had started to rain & I had done a 7 miler two nights ago. I'll save the long run for the weekend. I am planning on continuing to add more & more mileage to my long runs. I still may try a fall marathon (Baystate) but, last Wed's flu bug knocked me back a week. I'm going to double up the rowing & Nordic trak onto the same workout night so, I can get in more running.
I might've posted a weight gain but, I'm really noticing the overall weight loss. I'm swimming in my jeans. I may be closer to a 31 waist than a 32 waist too. I'm going to wait another ten pounds before I start buying new jeans. I can tell DW is a little put out that I'm going to have to spend money on clothes but, I'm mostly a tee-shirt & jeans kind of guy so, it's not like I have to replace a closet full of Armani suits. Although, I may no longer be able to wear the suit I got married in 2 years ago. Three years ago I was contemplating buying new jeans in size 40 because the 38's were way too snug. At the beginning of the year I bought new 34's because the 33's were tight. What a difference exercise & eating well can make.
No painting was done last night. It's relaxing when I only have to put in time at one (the paying) job. I'm here today until 7 (assistant has a personal day) but, I'm planning on working out when I get home. Again, no painting on the horizon. Today. Sunshine this weekend, that's another story...
DD has passed on her Ipod shuffle to me. I use it everytime I run now. She ordered her new Ipod as part of the Painting Reward. Apparently the new unit is going to have a vast memory capability. She's happy. She won't get the new unit for a week or two but, she can still use the Shuffle. She knows it's going to take me awhile before I figure out how to program my own music into the thing. I like some of the same music she does but, I got my own music I'd like to listen to.
DD went strawberry picking with my Mom & sister yesterday so, the fridge is stocked. I love this time of the year. Local crops start coming in & the eating is terrific. Bring on the corn. Bring on the tomatoes. The family veggie garden is looking pretty good too.
Best of all, the family is discussing a summer vacation. We've tossed around a couple of cruise ideas but, will probably wind up going up to Mount Desert Island. I love the hiking in Acadia & the idea of sitting on the rocky shore of Maine, listening to the surf pound in sounds like heaven to me. We've been working hard, the time is coming for play.
I'm Pete.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment