I'm going to WI this morning. First time in 3 weeks. I anticipate a 4-6 lb weight gain. I'm okay with that. Most of it's from excessive carboloading leading up to last weekend's race. Applefest was such a positive experience I could've put on 20 lbs & considered it a fair trade-off.
However, my WW Goal weight:162 is still there. The Beer Challenge weight: 172 is too. The formula for successful weight loss hasn't changed. I've got the exercise covered but, I haven't journaled for shit in months. My plateau since July can be laid at the feet of lazy journaling & unthoughtful but, fun eating.
I ran for the first time since Applefest last night. It was a warm & breezy night. I now warm up before I actually start trotting (walk the Wildflower loop for .3 mile)& it seems to help. My legs felt a little stiff but, I was more sore in my core muscles than anywhere else. Everything loosend up fine after about a mile. I felt some fatigue in the deep-down parts of the larger leg muscles but, had decent spring. I deliberately kept the pace slow (I thought)but, ran 4.1 in 36:34. That's my race pace & I wasn't even trying. WTF.
I got the bug. I'm already looking ahead to more races...
The Groton Town Forest race is a 9.5 mile trail-run. That's in a few weeks. I like reading about Tiny's trail running & want to try it myself.
The Hyannis Marathon is in February. I think/know I could be in shape for a marathon by February but, the New England winter could wreak havoc with my training schedule.
Looking ahead to the summer, I've been looking at the Jay Mountain Half Marathon. It's actually more of a 30K (18+ miles). It looks sick. It's also usually run the same weekend of the guys' camping trip. Jay,Vt & Winhall,Vt are separated by a 3 hour drive. I'd have to camp in Jay,run the half, drive to Winhall,& camp in Winhall. It would be a very busy weekend. I probably wouldn't repeat this year's weight gain if I did it. It's nuts,but....
I'll probably do Applefest again...
Unless, I do the Swanzey,NH Covered Bridge Half Marathon.
If the members of LTR run the Chicago Half again maybe, I'll join them...
I'd like to find an event to run in the Spring. Priyanka will probably want me to run Boston. At this point in time I'd rather not. I don't have a moral problem with banditting (the tradition is a long one in Boston,sorry to the purists) but, the logistics of getting into Hopkinton that morning are a pain in the arse. Ultimately, I will probably return to Boston but, not this year.
I'm Pete.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment