Alka is onboard for the Hyannis Marathon. The die is cast.
The only thing she questioned was the location. She said "Hyannis is on the ocean? Won't that be cold?" To my answer of "Yes" she said "You might be doing this one alone",as in no family spectators. That would stink on one level; this is a big deal for me & I'd like my family there but, if as long as I get to run it I can deal with it.
The course is actually a double loop of the half marathon running the same day. The course has several stretches that a spectator could see the runners pass four separate times but, one of the stretches is along Craigville beach which might be a cold place for a four hour wait. There's plenty of time to figure that kind of stuff out.
It also runs by the Kennedy compound.
I'm going to be using Hal Higdon's Marathon Training Guide for Intermediate I. Although, I haven't marathoned in 23 years I think I can do it. Although simply finishing 26.2 will be an accomplishment I'm aiming to break 4 hours.
My body can handle it.
My family will learn to accomodate long run days.
I have the mental discipline to deal with the training.
The weather gods will smile kindly upon me.
I will do this.
On February 25, 2007 I will be standing in front of the Four Points by Sheraton in Hyannis at 10 AM with my running shoes strapped on & ready to run.
I'm Pete.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment