Thursday, January 25, 2007

Winter:Bring It On

I've been in a running funk for the last four weeks. I'm coming off a week of no running. I ran in Leominster State Forest last Thursday & didn't strap on my running shoes again until this Tuesday. I've done more trail running than roadwork so far this year.

I've been mostly rowing. My brother gave me the DVD's of Season One & Season Two of the TV show Lost. It's pretty addictive. I've chosen to row & watch TV rather than run outside. My aerobic base is holding up fine but, I'm concerned I was losing some of my "running shape". Nothing helps you train to run better than running.

Tuesday's run was kind of creaky. I've put on some weight & could tell. My right knee started getting sore so, I stopped after three miles. As soon as I stopped running my knee felt fine & I enjoyed that after workout buzz you only get from running. Last night I went out to run again & did 5.3 miles. Again my knee got sore again but, only in the last mile. I actually walked a little bit but, was able to finish the run. Tonight I may run 2-3 miles as a warmup & row 10K.

I'll start going to Weight Watchers again next week. I've started journaling again but, kind of in a half-assed way. I've got some work ahead of me but, I can do it.

It's been a mild winter but, we're about to go into the deep freeze. I don't care. I dressed in layers last night & was toasty. I've got a fresh,revitalized feeling about my running, & even with a layoff I'm still on track for the Hyannis Half on 2/25.

Winter, bring it on.

No comments: