January wasn't my strongest running month. Because of the mild weather I actually did more trail running than roadwork at the beginning of the month. Then I had a ten day stretch where I didn't run at all. I rowed a lot, partly because I'm watching the television show Lost on DVD but, I was also in a bit of a funk about running. Nothing specific I can point to but, a general malaise. It passed. I went out running in last Friday's frigid temps & got revitalized. After running in 4F temps everything else seems relatively warm.
I wound up with about 47 miles run & 69 miles rowed. That's not bad, since at one point I had rowed twice as much as I ran. I love my rowing but, I want to tip the balance more towards the running. The game plan for the rest of the week is a 6 mile tonight, 3 miles Friday,a break from running but,some rowing Saturday & a longish run on Sunday. I'm hoping to get close to 28 miles in for the week.
I'm Pete.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment