
Omigod, where does the time go? There's only six more shopping days until Leif Erikson day. I think I have some viking blood in me. At least my father has always said he wants a viking funeral (body put in a boat filled with flammable material,boat gets pushed out to sea,family members shoot flaming arrows at the boat,you get the picture..) I think it's important to commemorate explorers & celebrate holidays that might otherwise escape the notice of the average American person.
What the hell? Columbus gets a holiday & he was in the wrong freakin' hemisphere.
I'm not really sure what's the proper way to observe Leif Erikson Day. I'm a little hazy on what to eat that day. Don't think Leominster has a parade planned. If I tell Alka & Priyanka we're celebrating Leif Erikson Day they'll just give me "that look." Maybe I'll pillage & burn the neighbor's.
Fuck it. Say it loud. I'm a Viking & I'm proud! At least for a day.

3 comments:
10/10 is also:
*World Mental Health Day
*Emergency Nurses Day
*International Top Spinning Day
*National Bring Your Teddy Bear to Work and School Day
*National Cake Decoration Day
*International Day for Natural Disaster Reduction
I plan on celebrating them all together by dressing up like a viking nurse and decorating a cake with spinning tops with the assistance of a teddy bear. I think the natural disaster reduction thing is kind of out of my hands and the mental health part is a given.
By all means take pictures & post them on your blog.
Top spinning day?!? Today! Holy shit. I'll be back in a few.
Post a Comment